10 Apr 2020

10 Apr 20 - More On My Red Mason Bees #BWKM0

After finding several Red Mason Bees in my garden for the first time a few days ago, I was wondering where they were nesting. As it was the start of the Bank Holiday, I had more time to have a look around the garden. I realised that they were nest prospecting several small holes in the lime mortar on the side of my house. It was good to get a quick response to my challenge to myself.
Red Mason Bee: Mating pair showing how small the males are compared to the females
Red Mason Bee: Mating pair showing how small the males are compared to the females
Red Mason Bee: This individual looks like it is bringing out mortar on its face
Red Mason Bee: Close up

Check tomorrow to see the next day's wildlife sighting at when I will be confined at #BWKM0.