5 Oct 2022

5 Oct 22 - Launching The Swanage Lifeboat

While this is primarily a wildlife Blog, I will occasionally focus on other subjects of interest. I decided to try a dusk visit to Peveril Point, Swanage after a day of strong winds and rain in the hope that a Grey Phalarope might be sheltering in Swanage Bay. I had no luck with finding a Grey Phalarope, but there was a bonus launch of the lifeboat as I walked back, which looked like a training session.
The footpath goes where the lifeboat safety guy is standing
Raising the masts once the lifeboat is on the ramp
A final check
Preparing to release the safety chain
The use of a mallet to uncouple the safety change surprised me: I would have thought there would have been a more automatic solution
Looks like they are ready
The equivalent of "Thunderbirds are Go"
Entering the water