20 Mar 2020

20 Mar 20 - Two Garden Year Ticks #BWKM0

A bit more of an eventful day at #BWKM0. While topping up the Bird feeders, I heard a Raven calling. A quick look & I saw the first Garden Year Tick flying over. I see or hear them a few times over the house each year. If I spent more time in the garden, I suspect I would get a lot more records a year.
Raven: Brands Bay, Studland (21 Apr 14)
The day continued to improve as early afternoon say the second Garden Tick for the year flew over during a works phone call: a Ring-necked Parakeet. They have turned out to be fairly regular visitors especially during the Spring & Summer in the last two or three years.
Ring-necked Parakeet: They aren't a particular common species in Dorset, apart the long established individuals in the Studland area. But the Studland population wander a lot locally & this was presumbly one of the Studland individuals. This was taken in my garden (28 Aug 18)
Check tomorrow to see the next day's wildlife sighting at #BWKM0.